Being diagnosed with the flu
- Good morning, Doctor!
- Good morning! Long time no see! So what brings you here? What seems to be the problem?
- Well, I have been feeling unwell lately. I have a sore throat and I cough and sneeze around the clock.
- I see. Do you have any other symptoms?
- Sure, I do. I have a headache and all my muscles hurt. I lost my appetite and I feel so weak I can't even sit.
- Let me do a few examinations. I am going to listen to your lungs, see your throat and check your temperature.
- So what do you think, Doctor?
- Based on what you have said and what I have seen, I am sure you have caught the flu. There is an epidemic these days, a lot of people get sick.
- That is quite bad news. So what can I do about it? How serious is it?
- Well, it's not that bad yet. I am going to prescribe some antibiotics for you. You can get it at the pharmacy and you have to take it three times a day. You must stay in bed for a week and drink as much water or tea as you can. Make sure you eat plenty of light food and air your room frequently.
- Thank you very much. Is that all, or do I need to know anything else?
- That's it for now. I would like you to check back here next Friday to see if you have recovered. Please do everyting as I told you, because this illness can get nasty if you are impatient.
- Thank you once again. I appreciate all the advice you gave. See you next week, good bye!
- Good bye, take care.
|Long time no see||Rég láttam.|
|What brings you here?||Mi szél hozza?|
|Feel unwell||Rosszul érzem magam.|
|Cough and sneeze around the clock||Folyamatosan köhögök és tüsszögök|
|Listen to your lungs||Tüdőt meghallgatni|
|Catch the flu||Elkapni az influenzát|
|Prescribe antibiotics||Antibiotikumot felírni|
|Pharmacy (the chemist's, drug store)||Gyógyszertár|
|Air the room||Szellőztetni|