What is wrong about having an e-reader?
We have seen why it is beneficial to have an e-book reader, so here's the time to see the downside of it.
1. It lacks the feel of traditional books.
2. You can be frowned upon by traditionalists when you're holding it in your hands.
3. A paper book will survive a fall, an e-reader screen will crack.
4. You can have too many books at your disposal - you may keep starting books without finishing them.
5. Paper books never run out of electricity while ebook-readers do - charging the battery might be problematic.
6. Some devices will present advertisements on their screen which is very unlikely on paper.
7. While it is possible to borrow ebooks from a library, it is only common in a few countries.
8. Many authors fall victim to piracy - it is easy to download books and copy them on your reader.
9. Research has shown that e-readers are less effective in reducing stress.
10. We've got to break away from screens - you had better stick to paper books.
|Lack the feel||Hiányzik az érzés|
|Be/get frowned upon||Rosszallással találkozni|
|Survive a fall||Kibír egy esést|
|Screen will crack||Megreped a kijelző|
|At your disposal||Rendelkezésedre áll|
|Run out of||Kifogy|
|Charge the battery||Tölteni az akkumulátort|
|Present advertisements||Reklámokat mutat|
|Fall victim to piracy||Kalózkodásnak áldozatul esni|
|Less effective||Kevésbé hatékony|
|Break away from||Elszakadni|
|Stick to||Ragaszkodni valamihez|